Thief... 4!!!

Автор DonSleza4e, 08 августа 2003 12:30:22

« назад - далее »

MoroseTroll

Ok, I'll try to answer on your first question, nickie: What does Demiurges mean? If I remember in your first pm, you are writing to the T4 developers, is that right?
When I've mentioned the "Demiurges", it was just a word to express a simple thought: "You, who create the NuThief world." Some of us has earlier offered the "Taffer Gods", but wouldn't that be too good for those, who, I think, are raping the Thief canon?

nemyax

1. The three playing styles - what do you mean by Slain and Speak?
"Slain" should be "slay", of course. They meant the stealthy, violent and dialogue-driven gameplay styles.

5. Do you mean you want to have a sword or a dagger in the game?
They'd prefer the sword, but they wouldn't mind the dagger.

9. What does slimpsy mean? You've said 'possibility of opening slimpsy doors with a tool which Garrett can use to push up windows'. Do you mean the 'tool' could open doors and windows? (slimpsy - perhaps you mean flimsy or lightweight doors?)
They meant flimsy or fragile.

21. I don't understand what is meant by 'cutting it off'.
Probably snatching the purse instead of stealing the contents.

28. What is the difference between >> and "?
Russian punctuation traditionally uses angled quotation marks.

I think this means that you want Garrett to be able to use his hands to knock someone out, but only in particular places on the body and if he misses, then the victim is alerted. And you do not want the 'particular' spots to be highlighted. Is that correct?
Yes, pretty much.
Желаю тебе из тысячи рулеток одну — самую русскую!
Желаю тебе из тысячи надежд одну — самую крупскую!

Dront

Отвечаю. На три вопроса ответить затрудняюсь (6; 22; 41). Авторы этих идей - если я правильно помню, соответственно: LongShad, UL, UL. Идеально будет, если они сами и ответят.
Цитата: nickie от 21 июля 2013 00:10:03
1. The three playing styles - what do you mean by Slain and Speak? Can you confirm that you want to be able to play as different characters, as well as playing as Garrett and do you mean being able to play a different game, or perhaps swap character in the game.
Slain is like 3D-shooter playing style. Speak - like RPG-style (talking to NPCs and getting quests from them).
Most of us would like to play as different characters, in spite of the fact it would really be another game.
Цитировать4. Could you explain this a little more? Are you using 'infiltration' and 'getting to a quest item' as examples of main objectives?
Yes, we do mean this. We don't want the missions to be linear -- one way of infiltration, one way of getting quest object, one way of leaving -- and no steps aside. We would like to see more than two ways of getting into manor (via roof, basement, waterway, undercover etc.), and so with other main mission objectives.
Цитировать5. Do you mean you want to have a sword or a dagger in the game?
Yes. Preferably a sword, at least a dagger.
Цитировать6. When you say 'some amount of the stolen loot should go to the customer, who do you mean by customer? Do you want the leftover money available to buy weaponry etc?
Затрудняюсь ответить. Идея  LongShad'а, что он что скажет? На последний вопрос ответ - да.
Hard to answer. It was LongShad's idea, I think he can answer. Answer to the last question - yes.
Цитировать8. Can you confirm that you mean you can buy something special to get access. Do you mean the 'something special' wouldn't be possible on other levels? Or would it mean that the secret area wouldn't be accessible on other levels?
Yes. Yes. Yes. The secret area wouldn't be accessible on other levels. Only on the highest difficulty you can acquire, say, a Keeper key that can open this secret area.
Цитировать9. What does slimpsy mean? You've said 'possibility of opening slimpsy doors with a tool which Garrett can use to push up windows'. Do you mean the 'tool' could open doors and windows? (slimpsy - perhaps you mean flimsy or lightweight doors?)
Yes. Wrong word. "Flimsy" would be better.
Цитировать20. On high difficulty levels, guards should not wait for Garrett's concentration to reload and attack all together. I don't understand about Garrett's concentration to reload. Could you explain the possible scene?
On a gameplay video it was shown the following: when Garrett is under attack of several guards, he turns "Concentration" on and tries to fight. After unsuccessful attempt, guards do NOT attack him but wait... for something. We thought they were waiting for the same time that took Garrett's "Concentration" ability to highlight the necessary spots on guard's body again (i.e. "reload"). This is implausible.
Цитировать21. I don't understand what is meant by 'cutting it off'.
Again, my wrong word :) Seems like Garrett usually takes the whole purse from victim's belt. I just supposed it is attached to NPC's belt. An unskilled thief would cut the purse off while more skilled one would manage to take it without cutting off. Does that make sense?
Цитировать22. I don't think I understand properly. Do you mean you don't want a progress bar to tell you when you've picked the pocket? Again, could you describe what you see the hands doing.
Опять затрудняюсь с ответом. И забыл, чья была идея... UL?
Again, it's hard to answer. I forgot whose idea was that... UL?
Цитировать28. What is the difference between >> and "?
It is my carelessness :) >> are nearly always used in Russian, just forgot to change them to " .
Цитировать34. 'Not unambiguously identify "friend or foe' - not quite sure what is meant. Do you mean they shouldn't say 'Is that you Jored' and carry on with their patrol ignoring what they heard or saw?
Let's consider a Thief 2 guard.
On alert level 1, he asks "Is that you?" and goes on patrolling.
On alert levels 2 and 3 (if he heards something strange) he immideately begins to search for... whom? He is not sure if he hears a thief or one of his mates. Could it be one of his friends who is just walking behind him? No, the guard is already sure: it is a thief.
The suggestion is, if he hears (only hears) footsteps, even on high alert, he should continue asking "Is that you?"s. Only if he sees a suspicious person, he will begin to search. So, the answer is "yes".
Цитировать41. <...> I think this means that you want Garrett to be able to use his hands to knock someone out, but only in particular places on the body and if he misses, then the victim is alerted. And you do not want the 'particular' spots to be highlighted. Is that correct? Perhaps you mean something else by 'joints'. I can think of 3 places you can knock someone out - back of the head, punch to the face, punch to side of the neck. Are there more?
Yes, we don't want the 'particular' spots to be highlighted. Again, 'joint' is not quite correct here, 'spot' is more appropriate.
Would there be more places? Personally I don't know, perhaps the idea author can answer more. If remember correctly, it was UL.
P.S. Thank you for the compliments :)
"You cannot run from life as you did from us, Garrett! Life has a way of finding you..."
"Beware the dawn of the Metal Age."

Scrp007

Насколько я понял nickie скрупулезно подошла не только к тонкостям перевода, но и к содержательной части самих предложений разработчикам.
     По первой части есть смысл разбираться ессно тем, кто хорошо знает английский.
     По второму же вопросу желательно кратко изложить суть замечаний на русском. Лично я учил французский, а переводить переведенное только время тратить. Таких наверно и кроме меня немало. В противном случае обсуждение примет слишком камерный характер. Во всяком случае из того, что я понял nickie пытается уточнить суть предложений, а с этим лучше не спешить. Попытка в таких вещах что-то улучшить приводит часто к обратному результату.

На свете так устроено — правильный путь сначала кажется неправильным. Чтобы испытать нашу веру.

MoroseTroll

Scrp007: Ну, nickie пишет, что лишь пытается понять, что именно мы хотели сказать. Если поймёт она, значит, поймут и те, кому мы это письмо написали.

nickie

Цитата: MoroseTroll от 21 июля 2013 00:18:22
Ok, I'll try to answer on your first question, nickie: What does Demiurges mean? If I remember in your first pm, you are writing to the T4 developers, is that right?
When I've mentioned the "Demiurges", it was just a word to express a simple thought: "You, who create the NuThief world." Some of us has earlier offered the "Taffer Gods", but wouldn't that be too good for those, who, I think, are raping the Thief canon?

Hi guys, I apologise for my complete lack of knowledge of the Russian language. Please forgive me, google translate is not that good to use.

I think that the opening of this letter should be formal and very polite as you want to get their attention and keep it. So I am suggesting simply using Developers.

To clarify 9. I also wanted to know whether Garrett would also use the tool on the flimsy doors.

Edit. It works!! :D

MoroseTroll

nickie: It's nice to see you here :flower:!
About "Developers" vs. "Demiurges": I personally don't mind.

nickie

Thank you. I'm not sure they would understand Demiurges.  I've googled it now so maybe Thief Creators might work. They might not like to be thought of as 'originators of evil'.  :laff:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/demiurges
Цитировать3. Demiurge A deity in Gnosticism, Manichaeism, and other religions who creates the material world and is often viewed as the originator of evil.

I will be back later. I think my questions have been answered now, thank you.

nickie

1. Slay - would this be fighting but not necessarily killing? I was thinking 'combat' might be the best word.

Edit. If this question could be answered, then I will have finished.

UL

ЦитироватьWhat does Demiurges mean? If I remember in your first pm, you are writing to the T4 developers, is that right?
(I told it would be not clear)
At first it was sort of easy trolling of Thi4f developers, as many of us not satisfied with the work they showed to us, so I called them Taffer's Gods. But I do hope there are exists more understandable trolling name without being offensive.

Цитировать1. The three playing styles - what do you mean by Slain and Speak? Can you confirm that you want to be able to play as different characters, as well as playing as Garrett and do you mean being able to play a different game, or perhaps swap character in the game.
No mine idea but as I understand, yes it is a wish of being played by different character and also different style, not only action or stealth.

Цитировать5. Do you mean you want to have a sword or a dagger in the game?
Yes I want, constantine sword is absolutely superb tool to strike with zombies, haunts, even if Thi4f devs said there are will be no zombies or haunts I want sword back (can be replaced with dagger to suit new Thi4f appearance of main characted named Garrett.

Цитировать6. When you say 'some amount of the stolen loot should go to the customer, who do you mean by customer? Do you want the leftover money available to buy weaponry etc?
He meant client, those who ordered assassination or robbering. So some part of treasure must go to client.

Цитировать9. What does slimpsy mean? You've said 'possibility of opening slimpsy doors with a tool which Garrett can use to push up windows'. Do you mean the 'tool' could open doors and windows? (slimpsy - perhaps you mean flimsy or lightweight doors?)
Meant pinch-bar, the tool Garrett using to opening windows in gameplay video.

Цитировать20. On high difficulty levels, guards should not wait for Garrett's concentration to reload and attack all together. I don't understand about Garrett's concentration to reload. Could you explain the possible scene?
Three guards attacking Garrett, while Garrett concentrates on one guard to select points, other guards just freezed, doing nothing against of attacking. So even if there are numerours guards going to be attack main character formaly Garrett strking only face to face to one of them. That is pretty silly, noobie, and cheapie way of action ingame.

Цитировать22. I don't think I understand properly. Do you mean you don't want a progress bar to tell you when you've picked the pocket? Again, could you describe what you see the hands doing.
Instead of primitive progress showing, it must be animated by Garrett hands how he steals, cuts pickpockets, or replacing it contains. We can detect if pickpocketing is successfull right after animation of that action ended

Цитировать28. What is the difference between >> and "?
No differences, in Russian << >> is the same to " ".

Цитировать34. 'Not unambiguously identify "friend or foe' - not quite sure what is meant. Do you mean they shouldn't say 'Is that you Jored' and carry on with their patrol ignoring what they heard or saw?
It is correct, but I would suggest another example. When Garrett sneaking in shadows and suddenly something cracking under his leg, if there are no alarm guard must not detect it is Garrett, he must doubt that it probably one of another guards. something like that. Just one of situation but can be various of that. That describes by "friend or foe" phrase pretty clear.

Цитировать41. On the highest difficulty level, if a blackjack is absent, provide for an ability to knock out with hands blow when hitting only the specific joints without their highlighting. In the case if the joint was incorrect, knock out does not happen, the victim is alerted.
I think this means that you want Garrett to be able to use his hands to knock someone out, but only in particular places on the body and if he misses, then the victim is alerted. And you do not want the 'particular' spots to be highlighted. Is that correct? Perhaps you mean something else by 'joints'. I can think of 3 places you can knock someone out - back of the head, punch to the face, punch to side of the neck. Are there more?
This is correct too, we doesnot need cheats, like places to show where to kick guard (lets they left that on newbie or intermediate level of playing, our level is highest difficulty), the same as guard must not be knocked out even if "dildo" kick his spine or an air near his head. There are must be not visible but logical, based on real life, spots of the body where knocking will for sure knock out guard (for sure helmet and high neck armor must prevent from being knocked too).
Ничто не имеет значения, только цель.

nickie

Thank you. No matter what we feel about T4 developers, I think that to use a trolling name would be wrong. They will not bother to read your suggestions unless you are polite. Google can usually explain everything so it would be bad if there was a word that they could read something rude into.  I understand the temptation but I would suggest that it was straightforward and a trolling word wasn't used. But I will look, in the morning, to see if I can find something other than Demiurges. :)

I have read what you have said and will make a few small changes in the morning and then I will post the finished letter. Everyone should feel free to question me about anything I have written, and to ask me to change something if you want.

Thank you everyone for the help.

LongShad

Чуваки, изьясняйтесь по-русски или общайтесь с иностранцами на ИХ форуме. А то я вас не понимаю.

clearing

Вышел из отпуска... нифига себе сколько читать...

Пока арт в более высоком разрешении, чем был до этого

Zontik

Согласен с Nickie - кончайте прикалываться, вы хотите, чтобы на ваше письмо обратили внимание, или желаете продемонстрировать свое тонкое знание английского? Обращайтесь по-деловому, как это принято в официальных кругах. Соответственно и отношение к вам будет более серьезным.
Дайте глазам отдохнуть! Тёмное место

illness

clearing, thief пару дней назад на comic con возили
ничего не известно че там они показывали?